If you’re a software engineer with a passion for excellence, detail and consistency and want to work with one of the leading low power remote condition monitoring companies in the world, read on. You will be working for a company that prides itself on reliable, robust communication systems and class leading sensing equipment to monitor critical infrastructure and geotechnical projects.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be part of the development team that produces our world class sensing products based on our FlatMESH communication platform and our new long range GeoWAN platform. Our systems have a battery life of up to 15 years, so low power design philosophy is a key part of the role as well as a data-orientated personality.
You will take responsibility for developing reliable firmware components for the system, interrogating new sensors and systems, as well as enhancing our communication platform with mobile technologies such as 3G / HSPA and 4G / LTE systems, camera devices and more.
In addition, electronic knowledge, EMC skills and an appreciation of RF techniques will be advantageous.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
Essential Skills and Expertise
- First class degree or upper 2nd in Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Programming C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience working with bare metal and RTOS software development
- Knowledge of ARM / Cortex processors
- Version Control e.g. SVN, Mercurial or GIT
- Low power, low latency IoT techniques
- Sensor Fusion techniques
- Scripting and build script languages e.g. Python
- Analytical Software e.g. MATLAB, Simulink for processing time series data
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols, such as Zigbee, Bluetooth, BLE, WiFi
- Knowledge of image processing
- Experience deploying complex algorithms in embedded devices, including DSP & Machine Learning / AI algorithms
- Communication interfaces such as CAN, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, UARTs and USB
- Electronic hardware design, reading schematics, device datasheets
- Microsoft Office
- Embedded development systems such as Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Arduino
If you think you’ve got what it takes, get in touch at email@example.com