The FlatMesh Tilt Beam is a lightweight, rigid aluminium beam that is used in conjunction with a FlatMesh Triaxial Tilt Node or a FlatMesh Nano Plus. The beam can be mounted in any orientation and rapidly deployed in single and daisy chained configurations.
Installation of the FlatMesh Tilt Beam can be performed with minimal tools in minutes. Complex bolting and washer arrangements are not required due to the beam’s inbuilt bearing and joint system. This allows for thermal expansion and misalignment of the support brackets while still accurately monitoring the structure. The attached tilt node does not require any levelling, further reducing onsite installation time.
It has been successfully used in many applications, including those measuring:
- Movement monitoring of any structure
- Longitudinal settlement
- Tunnel convergence/divergence
- Lateral displacements
- Lightweight and durable aluminium and stainless-steel construction.
- Fully wireless; no wiring or electrical connections required.
- Simple installation and removal. Brackets install in minutes. Beam installs in seconds.
- Can be installed in any orientation without requiring levelling.
- Low friction, weather resistant bearings that do not require maintenance or lubrication.
- Automatically compensates for thermal expansion and misalignment of support brackets.
- Can be daisy chained to provide movement profiles.
||500mm, 1000mm, 2000mm, 3000mm
(custom lengths available on request)
|Support Bracket Dimensions
||Base: 100x100mm Height: 75mm
|Total Mass (without node)
||2kg (approx. for 2m beam)
||Aluminium with A2 stainless steel fasteners
Expansion Range Rotational Range
Step 1 – FlatMesh Tilt Beam:
Beam length is specified using the part numbers below. The length refers to the distance between the support bracket centres.
||FlatMesh Tilt Beam 500mm
||FlatMesh Tilt Beam 1000mm
||FlatMesh Tilt Beam 2000mm
||FlatMesh Tilt Beam 3000mm
||Custom Length (xxxxmm) FlatMesh Tilt Beam
Step 2 – FlatMesh Tilt Beam Chain End Kit:
A single end kit is required per beam chain. A single beam counts as a single chain and would require a single end kit. Daisy chained configurations require a single end kit per chain, e.g. a chain of 10 beams would only require one end kit.
||FlatMesh Tilt Beam Chain End Kit
Step 3 – FlatMesh Tilt Node:
Select the desired tilt node and accompanying mounting bracket. A tilt node is required for each beam.
|Node Part No.
||Bracket Part No.
||FlatMesh Triaxial Tilt Node
||FlatMesh Nano Plus Node