We are a technology leader in our field with an enviably strong position in rail and construction markets. We have grown fast in the last few years and are now moving into another phase of significant expansion in the next year or two. We are embarking on a journey to world-class manufacturing as well as undertaking the transition from a small to a medium sized business.
Our growth has led to the requirement for someone to take control of our customer projects, managing the process and the documentation from planning, through production and delivery to invoicing and after-sales support.
The role would suit an ambitious project or administration professional ideally with experience of electronics manufacturing and/or supply to construction, rail or geo-technical markets. We can offer competitive remuneration and the enjoyment of working with a great team at an exciting time in our company’s development.
Ensuring that customer projects are delivered on-time, to budget, and complying in every respect with customer expectations. Clear documentation and records are essential, both in order to comply with our ISO9001 accredited Quality Management System and to ensure that all team members have the information they need to deliver a successful project.
Specific tasks include:
- Planning for upcoming customer orders
- Processing orders, checking for completeness, communicating with all team members and recording documentation
- Monitoring progress of orders, highlighting when project delivery is at risk
- Ensuring that all project documentation is complete
- Keeping customers informed of progress either through the sales and customer support teams, or directly
- Ensuring that invoicing is carried out and that follow-up invoices are date-flagged
Process improvement tasks include:
- Developing processes and systems including our Odoo ERP system to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Investigating any non-conformances in the delivery of the project and implementing corrective actions
- Contribute to the development of a fully integrated system for managing orders, installations and related processes
- Minimum of 3 years of project control or administration experience in a small or medium sized business
- HNC or higher qualification in an operations, technical, business or administration subject
- Attention to detail, focus, and determination to achieve agreed deadlines
- Ability to work well with busy teams among conflicting priorities
- Advanced user of Excel and familiar with office IT applications
- Energy and enthusiasm and an ability to cope with fast-moving, changeable demands
Advantageous to have:
- Experience interacting with the construction, rail infrastructure, or geo-technical markets
- Experience of electronics or electro-mechanical manufacturing
- Good commercial understanding or experience of commercial contracts
- Familiarity with the requirements of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
If you’d like to be part of this successful team, please send a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org