Careers / Applications Technician (London)
As an Applications Technician, you will be working with the London-based development team that produces our world class wireless sensor network products. Part of your role will be to drive the qualification and testing of new products in controlled environments as well as in the field. This often requires tactful coordination with friendly customers to achieve access to their sites and reference data.
You will also work closely with the business development and customer support teams on projects where a tailored solution is required to satisfy the customer. This will involve requirements gathering, building any bespoke equipment, testing the solution and working through any issues which arise.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- NVQ Level 4 / HNC in Engineering or equivalent industrial experience
- Experience working with customers
- Experience in electronic hardware and wiring harness construction
- Experience using electronics test equipment
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Excel for data analysis (lookups, charting, regression, etc)
- Right to work in the UK
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering
- Working knowledge of structural monitoring
- Computer Aided Design experience (2D and/or 3D)
- Experience using a modern scripting language (e.g. python)
- Experience deploying and using radio equipment in commercial or industrial environments
- Working knowledge of EMC
Senceive is a highly innovative technology company that leads the global market in structural and geotechnical wireless monitoring solutions. We support clients including surveyors, monitoring companies and contractors helping them protect and maintain their assets and infrastructure in a wide range of sectors including Rail, Construction, Transportation, Mining and Utilities.
Our technology is used across these sectors to provide monitoring solutions for applications such as railway trackbed, tunnels, structures, earthworks, piling and dams. Key features of these applications are that access to install or maintain equipment is difficult or dangerous, and that human lives may be at risk if the structure being monitored fails.
Senceive’s operations are primarily based out of offices in Fulham, South West London where the company employs around 50 people. It also has a wholly owned subsidiary company based in Perth, Western Australia which houses additional technical and customer support capability.
Senceive is aggressively pressing ahead with a growth plan with aspirations to be achieving revenues in excess of £20m per annum over the next two years (currently £10m per annum.) The technical team currently comprises 14 people, of which 12 are based in London and 2 in Perth and with plans for expansion in 2021.
To apply for this role please send CV and accompanying letter to careers2101t[at]senceive.com