Careers / Customer Support Technician (Perth, Australia)
Customer Support Technician (Perth, Australia / APAC Region)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Customer Support team. The candidate will be expected to travel around the APAC region from time to time, although will primarily be based at the Perth, AU office or occasionally at their own premises.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Customer Support Technician you will be providing support for customers ahead of, during and after the installation of new projects, replacements and changes. The role also involves training customers and acting as the first point of contact for most clients.
Reporting, Location & Travel
This role reports to the UK-based Global Customer Support Manager. Working from home will be considered, although the role will primarily be based in the Perth, AU office. There will also be international travel in order to meet customers and support product deployments.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Clarifying customer technical requirements ahead of new project installations and briefing the production team
- Supporting customers during project installation
- Setting up monitoring diagrams, users, alerts and calculations
- Attending site when required to support customer installations or investigate reported faults
- Assisting customers with technical queries and fault reports by phone, email and through a helpdesk ticket system
- Managing the return and replacement of faulty equipment in conjunction with the Aftersales team
- Assisting with fault diagnosis and contributing to fault reduction
- Providing training to customers mostly using teleconferencing, sometimes on site or in our facility
- Other duties as assigned
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A flexible, well organised approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong analytical skills and close attention to detail with good decision making and technical problem solving abilities
- A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of customer service in an engineering or technical environment
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Fluent in English
- A background and experience in Data Analysis, Geotechnical, Surveying and/or IM would be beneficial for this role
- Good ability with Excel, and other Office apps
- Multi-lingual; fluent in English with Mandarin, Japanese or Korean as an additional language
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits.
Full details of the Employee Benefits will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.