Careers / Electronics Technician (Milton Keynes, UK)
Electronics Technician (Milton Keynes, UK)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Operations team, working closely with colleagues in Technical Development and Customer Support.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As an Electronics Technician you will be responsible for assembling various electronic/mechanical products and at the same time undertake fault finding activities on electronic PCBA assemblies.
Reporting, Location & Travel
This role reports to the Operations Manager and is based in Milton Keynes.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Provide inspection and diagnostic fault finding of various electronic products to component level
- Assemble, test, and inspect various electronic/mechanical products
- Undertake analytical fault-finding to determine the root cause and corrective action of faulty products
- Identify and undertake repairs to return product to required standard
- Liaise with Technical Department and Customer support and provide reports on faults
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard, with excellent attention to detail
- A proactive, practical and hands-on approach to dealing with issues and problems
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- A good communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience in electronic fault-finding
- Experience using detailed engineering drawings and other technical records
- Demonstrable understanding of the principles and theory of electronics/mechanics within an engineering function
- Familiarity of ISO 9001 or similar
- A recognised qualification in electronics engineering, equivalent to ONC/HNC
- IPC Standards Familiarity
- Basic understanding of soldering, crimping, wiring, PCB assembly and mechanical assembly
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Awareness of health and safety
- Basic workshop tools, Lathe and Milling Machine Experience
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 3%, increasing to 5% from Q3 2022.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similarly to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development with a variety of training courses and development opportunities available.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request, or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] – please be sure to quote the full Job Title in the subject line and read our Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application.