Careers / International Logistics Coordinator (Milton Keynes, UK)
International Logistics Coordinator (Milton Keynes, UK)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Eddyfi NDT group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Operations team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The role of International Logistics Coordinator is to organise the distribution of goods. In this role you will ensure that all products have been prepared for transportation and delivered to the right location on time and within cost. You will also be involved in transportation and monitoring the flow of goods.
Understanding the whole supply chain is important so you can coordinate effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers. You will ensure that customer deliveries are on-time and that they comply in every respect with customer expectations. Clear documentation and records are essential, both for smooth running and efficiency, and in order to comply with our ISO9001 accredited Quality Management System.
You will also be responsible for making sure our Sales Order Processing team are effectively managing incoming orders and that all orders are documented correctly and accurately.
Reporting, Location & Travel
The role of International Logistics Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and is based in Milton Keynes. There is minimal requirement for national and international travel.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Manage the setup of any new suppliers (Freight Forwarders, Customs Brokers) within consignment and the company’s third party warehouses
- Manage and coordinate the end-to-end cost control and income with any changes to route to market
- Carry out strategic thinking and tactical planning in line with business objectives
- Use root cause analysis techniques to establish underlying causes of KPI shortfalls to create, implement and, where appropriate, lead cross-functional improvement plans to rectify causes
- Maintain accountability for the preparation, booking and management of all customer shipments and transportation, and reporting on KPIs
- Manage the order processing team, checking orders for completeness, communicating with all team members, and recording documentation effectively
- Keep customers informed of progress either through liaison with the Customer Support team or directly through the Sales Order Processing team
- Develop processes and systems, including the company’s ERP system capabilities, to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Contribute to the development of a fully integrated system for managing incoming orders in a sustainable manner
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong ability at decision making and problem solving
- A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of Transport Regulations across Import & Export including Freight Rules & Regulations
- Strong knowledge of Incoterms and CPC codes
- Demonstrable experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with process improvement, ERP implementation, systems improvement and SOP processes
- Advanced user of Excel and familiar with office IT applications
- Previous experience working with SAP
- Experience in management of third party service providers
- Experience in transporting Lithium Batteries
- IATA certified
- CDGP certified
- Experience of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Annual Leave Entitlement: Employees have twenty-five days annual leave entitlement each year, for use between January to December; this is in addition to Bank Holidays of which there are typically eight.
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 3%, increasing to 5% from Q3 2022.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similarly to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development with a variety of training courses and development opportunities available.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request, or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] – please be sure to quote the full Job Title in the subject line and read our Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application.