Careers / IT Systems Technician (Milton Keynes, UK)
IT Systems Technician (Milton Keynes, UK)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our team in the role of IT Systems Technician.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As an IT Systems Technician you will be the main person responsible for commissioning and supporting new business IT equipment. The individual will administer the IT systems which keep our global business running.
Reporting, Location & Travel
The role reports the Lead Engineer (Software) and is based in Milton Keynes, with some flexibility for occasional work from home with prior approval.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Commission and support desktop IT equipment
- Deploy and administer cloud-based business IT systems, primarily using Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Coordinate with other IT departments in the Previan group
- Promote best cybersecurity practices throughout the business
- Plan, manage and execute major IT projects
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A good communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard, with excellent attention to detail
- A proactive, practical and hands-on approach to dealing with issues and problems
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Systems or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows based systems
- Good understanding of computer networks
- Appreciation of computer security principles
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Good understanding of Azure Active Directory
- Right to Work in the UK
- Experience using a modern scripting language (eg. Python)
- Experience administering Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Experience with Cisco Meraki
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint administration
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 3%, increasing to 5% from Q3 2022.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similarly to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development with a variety of training courses and development opportunities available.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request, or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] – please be sure to quote the full Job Title in the subject line and read our Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application.