Careers / Senior Embedded Software Engineer (RTOS) - London
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working within the London-based development team that produces our world class wireless sensor network products based on our FlatMesh and GeoWAN communication platforms. Our systems have a battery life of up to 15 years, so low power design philosophy is a key part of the role.
You will take responsibility for developing reliable firmware components for the platforms, and integrating new sensors and systems. You will also be responsible for coaching other design team members and making architectural decisions to maximise system performance and design efficiency.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- First or Upper Second class degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing software on bare metal and lightweight RTOS (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS, OSEK) systems using C
- Thorough understanding of RTOS principles
- Understanding of power and clocking systems in modern 32-bit microcontroller architectures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in multi-developer software projects using a version control system (e.g. SVN, git, Mercurial)
- Experience debugging at the hardware level using test equipment such as logic analysers and oscilloscopes
- Experience using at least one modern scripting language (e.g. python) for experimentation and tooling tasks
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience developing ultra-low power battery operated devices
- Experience implementing complex algorithms in embedded devices
- Experience with coding standards such as MISRA C
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols such as Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Experience in electronic hardware design including EMC design techniques
Senceive is a highly innovative technology company that leads the global market in structural and geotechnical wireless monitoring solutions. We support clients including surveyors, monitoring companies and contractors, helping them protect and maintain their assets and infrastructure in a wide range of sectors including Rail, Construction, Transportation, Mining and Utilities.
Our technology is used across these sectors to provide monitoring solutions for applications such as railway trackbed, tunnels, structures, earthworks, piling and dams. Key features of these applications are that access to install or maintain equipment is difficult or dangerous, and that human lives may be at risk if the structure being monitored fails. Remote condition monitoring therefore plays a crucial role in protecting infrastructure and the people who use it.
Senceive’s operations are primarily based out of offices in Fulham, South West London where the company employs around 50 people. It also has a wholly owned subsidiary company based in Perth, Western Australia which houses additional technical and customer support capability.
Senceive is aggressively pressing ahead with a growth plan with aspirations to be achieving revenues in excess of £20m per annum over the next two years (currently £10m per annum.)
The technical team comprises 14 people, with 12 based in London and 2 in Perth and with plans for expansion in 2021.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to careers2101t[at]senceive.com