Careers / Senior Embedded Software Engineer (RTOS, London)
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working within the London-based development team that produces our world class wireless sensor network products based on our FlatMesh and GeoWAN communication platforms. Our systems have a battery life of up to 15 years, so low power design philosophy is a key part of the role.
You will take responsibility for developing reliable firmware components for the platforms, and integrating new sensors and systems. You will also be responsible for coaching other design team members and making architectural decisions to maximise system performance and design efficiency.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
Knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications
- First class degree or upper 2nd in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing software on bare metal and lightweight RTOS (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS, OSEK) systems using C
- Thorough understanding of RTOS principles
- Understanding of power and clocking systems in modern 32-bit microcontroller architectures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in multi-developer software projects using a version control system (e.g. SVN, git, Mercurial)
- Experience debugging at the hardware level using test equipment such as logic analysers and oscilloscopes
- Experience using at least one modern scripting language (e.g. python) for experimentation and tooling tasks
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience in LoRaWan networks
- Experience in MODBUS or CAN bus
- Experience developing ultra-low power battery operated devices
- Experience implementing complex algorithms in embedded devices
- Experience with coding standards such as MISRA C
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols such as Zigbee, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Experience in electronic hardware design including EMC design techniques
Senceive Limited was established in 2005 to commercialise wireless communications technology that had been developed within the research labs of UCL, one of the UK’s leading universities. In the years since its formation, Senceive has transformed itself from early stage technology start-up into a fast growing SME that is widely recognised as the leading benchmark for provision of wireless remote condition monitoring solutions to the Rail, Construction and Mining sectors.
The company’s wireless monitoring solutions are widely used across these sectors to provide monitoring solutions for applications such as trackbed, tunnels, structures, earthworks, piling, dam monitoring. Key features of these applications are that access to install or maintain equipment is difficult or dangerous, and that human lives may be at risk if the structure being monitored fails.
Senceive’s operations are primarily based out of offices in Fulham, South West London where the company employs around 80 people and it also has a wholly owned subsidiary company based in Perth, Western Australia which houses additional technical and customer support capability.
Senceive is aggressively pressing ahead with a growth plan with aspirations to be achieving revenues in excess of £20m per annum over the next 1-2 years. The technical team currently comprises 24 people, of which 21 are based in London and 3 in Perth and with plans for expansion in 2021.
Please send your CV and a brief covering letter to [email protected].