Careers / Senior Software Engineer (Milton Keynes, UK)
Senior Software Engineer (Milton Keynes, UK)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site. We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Technical Development team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer you will take a hands-on role with a full end to end solution using a range of technologies. You will be involved in the company’s web-based data monitoring system which provides customers with a user friendly tool for managing and monitoring critical data.
You will be involved in various layers of the product; front end, mid-layer and data-layer, and will play an important part in developing and maintaining the product. You will play a key role in the design and development of the next generation of the product, concentrating on developing the new front-end.
Reporting, Location & Travel
This role reports to the Software Technical Lead. The role will be based in Milton Keynes, with some flexibility to work from home on occasion although candidates should expect to commute into the office three days each week.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable product and features which complies to best practices and industry standards
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation
- Writing and maintaining Unit and UI tests
- Writing and maintaining documentation associated with the development process
- Participate in project reviews
- Provide help and guidance to junior team members
- Help to establish team practices that contribute to greater velocity and quality
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A positive, professional attitude ensuring tasks are completed to the highest possible standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues and lead by example, encouraging respect from those around them
- A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
- A flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong ability at decision making and technical problem solving
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Practical experience with object oriented programming and REST based APIs
- Experience with unit, UI and integration testing
- Good understanding of cloud technology
- An understanding of CI/CD strategies
Solid experience of using the following technology:
- HTML, CSS
- Web API and RESTful services
- C#, .NET Framework
Additional experience of using the following would be desirable:
- Azure cloud services
- With experience using Python, RabbitMQ, Docker, GraphQL beneficial
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 3%, increasing to 5% from Q3 2022.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similarly to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development with a variety of training courses and development opportunities available.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request, or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] – please be sure to quote the full Job Title in the subject line and read our Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application.