Careers / Software Engineer (Milton Keynes, UK)
Software Engineer (Milton Keynes, UK)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Technical Development team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer you will take a hands-on role in the development of new product features, tests and software tools.
The role will work on products that span the different layers from UI to backend repository. As the successful candidate may be involved in working across all the layers, an understanding of the different components of a web application is important.
Reporting, Location & Travel
The role reports to the Software Technical Lead and is based in Milton Keynes, with some flexibility for occasional work from home with prior approval.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Help with implementing new features, tests, standalone tools, and documentation
- Help with improving team practices
- Interact with different stakeholders to understand requirements
- Participate in project scrums/reviews
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A positive attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to manage own time and tasks
- Technical problem-solving ability
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Solid programming experience in C, .NET framework, Entity framework.
- Understanding of REST architecture and experience developing REST APIs
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or similar.
- Knowledge of relational databases and T-SQL. NoSQL databases is a plus.
- OAuth and API security
- Understanding of CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery)
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Annual Leave Entitlement: Employees have twenty-five days annual leave entitlement each year, for use between January to December; this is in addition to Bank Holidays of which there are typically eight.
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 5%.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Private Healthcare & Cash Plan: Employees are eligible to join the private medical insurance (PMI) scheme, enhanced to include Medical History Disregard, and the accompanying cash plan which offers cash back on optical, dental, dental injury, prescriptions and various therapies.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similar to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development through the group’s Aspire programme; there are a huge variety of training courses and development opportunities available through the Previan Learning Centre with subjects ranging from Time Management and Communication Skills, through to Project Management and Languages.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application and would refer you to our Privacy Notice.