Careers / Software QA Engineer (Milton Keynes)
Software QA Engineer (Milton Keynes)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
As a Software Quality Assurance (QA) engineer, you will be part of our Web Monitoring software team and involved with the development lifecycle to ensure product quality and usability.
Reporting, Location & Travel
The role of Software QA Engineer reports to the Software Technical Lead, and is based in Milton Keynes, with some flexibility to work from home on occasion although candidates should expect to commute into the office two days each week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful QA feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Run exploratory and automated tests, documenting the results
- Identify, record, investigate, analyse and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Work with the team to identify system requirements
- Recommend improvements in software to enhance user experience
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A positive, professional attitude ensuring tasks are completed to the highest possible standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues and lead by example, encouraging respect from those around them
- A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
- A flexible approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong ability at decision making and technical problem solving
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable proven experience in commercial software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Good knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits:
- Annual Leave Entitlement: Employees have twenty-five days annual leave entitlement each year, for use between January to December; this is in addition to Bank Holidays of which there are typically eight.
- Pension Scheme: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s Workplace Pension Scheme with personal contributions of 5% or more, with the company matching contributions up to 5%.
- Group Life Assurance: Employees are automatically enrolled into the Company’s GLA scheme which pays 4 x salary in the event of death in service, and includes an Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 advice line and a healthcare app.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Employees have the opportunity to purchase bikes and accessories at significantly reduced rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12-18 months.
- Tech Scheme: similarly to the Cycle to Work scheme, Employees are able to purchase laptops, phones, appliances and more from Currys at discounted rates, with repayments made through salary sacrifice over a period of 12 months.
- Learning & Development: Employees are encouraged to continue their career development with a variety of training courses and development opportunities available.
Full details of the Employee Benefits are available upon request or will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application, please read our Privacy Notice.