Careers / Support Technician (DACH)
Support Technician (DACH Region)
Download job description
Senceive wireless remote condition monitoring technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining. Our precise, reliable and robust products are built to empower clients responsible for high value and at-risk assets. Senceive users installed more than 30,000 sensors last year – helping them manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more. Systems are installed in minutes and last more than a decade with minimal maintenance – helping users to mitigate engineering risk without visiting site.
We’ve been designing, building and supporting the best wireless condition monitoring technology since 2005. As part of the Previan group of companies we are growing fast and have highly ambitious plans for the coming years.
We are seeking the right individual to join our Customer Support team. The candidate will be expected to travel to our Paris hub from time to time as well as other parts of the EU however, will be primarily based at their own premises.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Support Technician you will be providing support for customers ahead of, during and after the installation of new projects, replacements and changes. The role also involves training customers and preparing equipment for dispatch for new projects and replacements.
Reporting, Location & Travel
This role reports to the UK-based Head of Customer Experience & Global Support. Although based from home within the DACH region, the role will require frequent national and international travel, in order to meet customers and support product deployment.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
- Clarifying customer technical requirements ahead of new project installations and briefing the production team
- Supporting customers during project installation
- Setting up monitoring diagrams, users, alerts and calculations
- Attending site when required to support customer installations or investigate reported faults
- Assisting customers with technical queries and fault reports by phone, email and through a helpdesk ticket system
- Managing the return and replacement of faulty equipment
- Assisting with fault diagnosis and contributing to fault reduction
- Providing training to customers mostly using teleconferencing, sometimes on site or in our facility
- Configuring equipment to customer specifications, fitting mounting brackets and ancillary equipment, packing for dispatch
- Receiving returned equipment and diagnosing faults
- Carrying out minor repairs and refurbishment of equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Relevant Skills & Competencies
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following relevant skills and competencies:
- A flexible, well organised approach with the ability to multi-task and work to varying priorities and deadlines in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong analytical skills and close attention to detail with good decision making and technical problem solving abilities
- A positive, professional attitude and a desire to complete tasks to the highest standard
- A team player willing and able to collaborate actively and effectively with colleagues, gaining respect from those around them
- A strong communicator at all levels, with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to perform under pressure
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of customer service in an engineering or technical environment
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Fluent in English and German (conversational at minimum, although technical an advantage)
- Good ability with Excel, and other Office apps
In return for a rewarding and fulfilling career, successful candidates can look forward to receiving a competitive salary, plus a number of additional employee benefits.
Full details of the Employee Benefits will be made available on provision of an offer of employment.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] – please be sure to quote the full Job Title in the subject line and read our Privacy Notice.
Thank you for your interest, we wish you every success with your application.